Tacoma, Wash. — Museum of Glass has unveiled its latest glass art display, Celebrating Lino Tagliapietra, to honor the work of the world-renowned Maestro, who turned 80 in August. To celebrate his birthday and incredible career, the Museum will offer public activities on Sunday, October 19. The day’s events will include:
• The next installment of Hot Shop Live! from 1 to 2 pm, featuring Tagliapietra in the Hot Shop (watch live at the Museum or online at museumofglass.org/glassmaking/live-from-the-hot-shop)
• Sweet treats in the Grand Hall for visitors
• Tagliapietra-inspired crafts, along with Make Your Own Glass fusing workshops from 1 to 5 pm
• Films on Tagliapietra’s work in the Museum Theater and in the Hot Shop
• Lino Tagliapietra exhibition catalog giveaways with MOG membership purchase (one catalog for levels up to Dual/Family and two catalogs for Gather level and above)
Celebrating Lino Tagliapietra is on display in the Grand Hall through January 18, 2015.
Hours and Admission
Open Wednesday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Third Thursdays 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sunday 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Store is also open Tuesday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Third Thursdays 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sunday 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Museum
open seven days a week between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. Admission is free
for members, $12 general, $10 seniors, military, students (13+ with ID) and AAA Members, $10 groups of 10 or more, $5 children (6-12)
years old. Children under 6 are admitted free. Admission is free every third Thursday of the month from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Info Line 253-284-4750/ 1-866-4MUSEUM
Museum of Glass, 1801 Dock Street Tacoma, WA 98402