The Family Zone is a new space at ACM where kids and adults of all ages can play and engage with hands-on activities, including:
• Go for a Road Trip: Share road trip stories across generations. Prepare for new memories as your little ones drive from sea to shining sea across our oversized map of the United States.
• Learn How Cars Work: A chassis with exposed parts is the perfect opportunity to explore the basic systems of how cars work.
• Take the Wheel: Visitors of all ages are eager to climb into the cars at ACM; now you finally can see what it feels like to drive one.
• Built for Speed: Race pinewood cars down a track and experiment with the science of speed.
• Share Car Stories: What moves you?
ACM’s Education staff has been hard at work developing the new ACM Family Zone. The Family Zone will offer a space where kids and adults of all ages can play, engage, and energize their Museum visit with hands-on activities. ACM’s youngest visitors will have a ball in Road Trip where they can drive toy cars from sea to shining sea across an oversized map of the United States. Adults can join in the excitement as they plan their journey and learn the states and major destinations. All ages will enjoy seeing the inner systems of a car as they learn How Cars Work and then get in a real car and Take the Wheel. Finally, visitors will be able to experiment with the science of speed as they race pinewood cars down a derby track in Built For Speed.
Share the joy of the road, the enthusiasm for the inner workings of cars, the passion for driving, and the thrill of racing together in the new Family Zone! Best of all, share your stories and foster the next generation’s love of the automobile.
This is the first opportunity to take the Family Zone for a “test drive” and meet the Education staff who brought it to life. You can also learn more about upcoming family and education events and tell us what you think about the new space. We hope to see you on the 14th!
Santa and Mrs. Claus will also be visiting ACM, so bring the whole family for a day you’re sure not to forget.
For more information, contact Debbie Kray at (253) 779-8490 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org